Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Happy Independence Day




I know July 4th is tomorrow, but ever since 1996 when the movie Independence Day was released, I always think of this cheezy speech near the end of the movie. What can I say, I'm pretty silly, or, maybe I just need some sleep. Sorry I haven't updated the blog in a while. Work has just been crazy/busy. Hopefully, more updated coming up soon.....

"We will not go quietly into the night!
We will not vanish without a fight!
We're going to live on!
We're going to survive!"
Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I *heart* that movie!!!! Just good ol'fashioned kick-butt modern day cowboy film.

Anonymous said...

That speech is awesome. Makes me want to be all patriotic and stuff.

coaster1robert said...

Happy 4th,Doctor.

Cathy said...

I am feeling all patriotic myself. Anon is right and so are you. That speech is awesome.

I put Lee Greenwood on my blog for today.

I am patiently sitting here waiting for your podcast to download. It takes a moment (or 40) with dial up...:)

Gledwood said...

Hi I hope you don't mind my purloining this for my Random Clips blog. Of course I gave your name and linkback!
I've also put you in my links, so congratulations!
Hope you're having a great weekend (it's almost over here; it's dark already ... well it get's dark about 9pm now and it's 11:17 now...)
All the best to you
from
Gledwood

make mine trauma said...

OMG! That IS cheezy. Thank goodness my attention span doesn't allow me to remember movies with much clarity.