Sunday, October 10, 2010

Paper.Li: I Don't Get It

Ok kids, I need some help here. It seems like over the past month or so, I've been seeing something peculiar in my twitter stream. The links I'm seeing are for "newspaper" like appearances of twitter stream hashtags.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not calling out any particular hashtag "newspaper," but, in general, I just don't get. If I wanted to follow all the people these "newspapers" are following, I would do that. I don't need another twitter aggregator within my twitter stream. I do understand that platforms like this popped up since the introduction of the iPad and ipad apps like flipboard (BTW, I love filpboard when I use it on the iPad).

However, when I see this on my twitter stream, I'm starting to get a little annoyed by this. I know what you're saying, "Why not just unfollow them?" Well, the only thing that kind of irks me iw the paper.li link. Maybe there's a way to search for this and have this deleted from my twitter stream...

Now, I'm not going to completely write this off. So, this is where I need your help. For those of you who have a paper.li page and for those of you who read it, help me out here. Why do you use it and why do you read it? Leave your comments below. Thanks so much!

1 comment:

rlbates said...

I'm still trying to decide what I think of these "newspapers"