Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Happy Summer Solstice

On this longest day of the year, it seems like I've had the longest day of the week at work (and I'm not done yet, because I'm on call tonight). One of the docs called off sick today and the office was crazy today trying to keep up with things. I only just now finished my dictation (of medical charts) for today's work. Whew! Hope this night on call is not too crazy.

When I had a second to try to relax a little bit, I was thinking about how to make this blog more interesting -- at least for me. It seems like it's been missing something. In general, my postings have been blah, blah, blah. I've been reading other blogs over the past few days and thinking to myself what makes them interesting.

Blogging is like being at the podium and to get people to listen to you, your thoughts have to be pretty well developed, or people will walk away. The good blogs that I've run into make me think a little bit and make me post a comment. The interaction with people (conversation like interactions) take place in the comment area. The blog is kind of like the lecture and the comments are like the Q&A.

Feel free to tell me I'm wrong! I still have a lot to learn about blogging, but what I've figured out so far has been very valuable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Found you from your comment on Fat Doctor ... "Dr. A" caught my attention, because my own PCP is known as "Dr. A" ... he has an unpronounceable last name! ;o)

Glad I found you ... you have a nice start on a blog here.

I have a feeling that you're going to "grow" quite quickly ... :o)

Blogrolling you, and adding you to my Bloglines.

If you need any blog help, let me know.