Friday, June 23, 2006

Even tough to be a monk

For those wondering, my friend is not as upset as he was earlier today. A bunch of us got together for dinner and we talked this thing out a little bit. We'll just have to see what happens.

I got this link from someone today, and I could not help but chuckle.

So, I'm trying to picture monks watching soccer and being told not to cheer or anything. If you do then you'll be defrocked (I had to look that one up myself.) It's almost something you'd watch on you tube or saturday night live.

What the article failed to mention was that the monks absolutely LOVED the DaVinci Code! The movie left them speechless. One monk was quoted as saying, "........................" I couldn't have said it better myself.

4 comments:

Fat Doctor said...

Just read your whole blog. It's good. Keep it up. I'll be back.

Fat Doctor said...

Also, I'm putting you on my list so my readers might find you. I doubt any of them live in your small town, wherever that is...

Anonymous said...

One monk was quoted as saying, "........................" I couldn't have said it better myself.

*cough*

Everybody wants to be a comedian! ;o)

Lea said...

Such a shame that Americans are so sue happy. Not to make light of the family's loss, but death does happen and it being the doctor's fault is pretty rare. My best to your friend.