Monday, January 25, 2010

2009 Medgadget Weblog Award Finalists


Yes kids, it's that time of year again when we vote for our favorite medical weblogs for the previous year. This is of course from our friends at Medgadget. And, you can take a look at all the finalists here. In 2008, I had the honor of having Dr. Nick Genes on Doctor Anonymous Show number 19 to talk all about the Medgadget Medblog Awards. You can listen on the player below. Or, you can download the show here and listen anytime.


Later that month in Jan 2008, Nick returned to the show with the other Medgadget guys to make a final push for voting that year. I believe even Mr. Paul Levy himself called into the show trying to get himself some votes. Listen in the player below or download Dr. A Show 21 right here.


Now, the category that is near and dear to my heart is the Best New Medical Weblog category. Back in the day (hehe) when I was a better blogger than I am now, I begged to be nominated for the best new blog award, and I begged to be voted for - way back in 2007. Who won that category that year? Interestingly enough it was the notorious Dr. Flea.

Anyway, I normally don't do endorsements. I mean, not that anything I say would influence anyone to vote one way or the other. I did want to point out one blog in the New Medblog category called StorytellERdoc.

I have to tell you, if you haven't checked out this blog - you have to. It's a great read. And, for what it's worth, I encourage you to vote for this blog in this category. Best of luck to all the nominated blogs across all the categories this year. And, please show some love and cast your vote to whomever you think is the best in each of the categories...

1 comment:

soulful sepulcher said...

Thanks for the reading recommendation. I was a finalist last year and shamelessly nominated myself this year, and didn't make the cut this time.